Athens Commercial Development Site | ±8.42 Acres
280 Harve Mathis Road
Athens, GA 30601
- ± 8.42 acres located in Athens, GA
- Zoned CR: manufactured homes, multifamily dwellings, personal care homes, nursing homes, hospital, medical center, day care, school or college, student hostels, bed and breakfast, restaurants, distribution centers, veterinarian clinic, nursery and dormitories with special use permit
- Leveled site with all utilities on-site with drain field engineering plan
- Located in a fast, commercially, growing area of Clarke County
- Located less than 7 miles north of Downtown Athens and the University of Georgia
This ±8.42-acre land site is an excellent opportunity with great frontage on Harve Mathis Road. The current zoning, CR (Commercial Rural), allows for a multitude of uses including: manufactured homes, multifamily dwellings, personal care homes, nursing homes, hospital, medical center and dormitories with special use permit.
Site has a "country feel" within the Athens MSA perimeter, and is in a developing commercial area experiencing rapid growth with several planned retail projects, as indicated by Athens-Clarke Land Development Plan.
The property is situated in Clarke County and is in the vicinity of a new Kroger, Piedmont Urgent Care, Athens Technical College, Athens Christian Academy, VA Administration, and within a 7 miles from The University of Georgia, University of Georgia Health Center, and Piedmont General Hospital. Easy access to Athens Loop, and four lane GA-29 and GA-72 highways.
The subject property is located off of Harve Mathis Road and Highway 29 in Athens, Georgia, in close proximity to the Clarke County/Madison County border. The area is approximately fifteen minutes from downtown Athens, 6.9 miles away from the University of Georgia and 8 miles from Piedmont Athens Regional.
Located in a rapidly expanding area of Athens Clarke County with the highest percentage of people over 65 years of age in the Athens-Clarke area, Athens has been ranked as one of the Top 25 retirement destinations by Forbes Magazine, and is one of the top college towns in America.
Nearby attractions: Athens Christian School, Athens Technical College, Georgia Department of Veterans Service, Kroger Marketplace, TC Village Shops (under construction adjacent to the Kroger Marketplace), Piedmont Urgent Care, Crossroads Church, and Faith Temple Church of God.