Historic Torbert House
103 S State Street
Newtown, PA 18940
- Historic Torbert House - Occupied for many years by Job Hollinshead, a clock and watch maker, who conducted his business at this site
- Est. circa 1795
- Mixed-use investment opportunity
- Strategic town centre location
- Heavy vehicular and pedestrian traffic
- 2,800 square feet of retail space
- 3 - 4 bedroom apartment
- Near signalized intersection
- Large street-front display windows
- Adjacent to two National Credit Tenants (Starbucks & GapBody)
- Newtown Borough Town Center (TC) Zoning - many allowable uses by right
- Across from a major redevelopment site delivering 110 Luxury Condominiums, national retailers and a five-story parking garage to
- Newtown Borough
SVN Ahia Commercial Real Estate is pleased to present a truly exceptional retail investment opportunity in the Heart of Historic Newtown Boro, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. The property offers a stately presentation in an uncompromising environment comprised of historic significance and modern relevance. Originally built circa 1795 and expanded over time, this free-standing mixed-use property features over 2,800 square feet of prime retail space on the main level (presently home to a well-established florist, est. 1960) and a 3-4 bedroom apartment above, offering Tenants access to an incomparable downtown living experience.
The Historic Torbert House is positioned adjacent to two National Credit Tenants (Starbucks and GapBody) and proximate to the iconic Steepleview project - a $100MM redevelopment project which is underway in the Borough of Newtown (Phase 1 is complete). Once completed, the project will be the largest in the Borough's history. It is slated to include 110 Luxury Condominiums, a 5-story parking garage, town square, and more. Two additional National Credit Tenants have committed to the project (Banana Republic & Francesca's).
The site is situated in the Newtown Borough 'Town Center' (TC) zoning district, which allows for a variety of uses by right. The demographics and foot traffic for a successful retail business are in place. This offering represents a unique and truly extraordinary opportunity to establish a business in the center of Newtown Borough retail renaissance.
The property is located on State Street, a major throughway, in a highly trafficked area in the heart of Newtown. This historic town is home to electric shopping, fine dining, theater and cultural attractions. There are over 111,000 residents living within 5 mile radius with an average household income of $125,000.