Hotel Resort, RV, Golf and Waterpark For Sale | 10% Cap Rate
300 Thumper Lodge Road
Ottertail, MN 56571
- Profitable, turn-key resort business offered at a 10% cap rate
- Located on 200+ acres between Otter Tail and Buchanan Lakes, about 3 hours from the Twin Cities Metro
- 78 keys in the hotel - listed at $57,782 per key
- 18-hole championship golf course, practice range, short game area and putting greens
- Popular bar & restaurant - Willy T's Tavern & Grill (classic American dining); indoor and outdoor event venues
- Activity Center (waterpark) - 12,000 square foot complex built in 2016
- 26-unit RV park - all sites feature large level pads and full hookups; additional land to support more than 240 sites and additional amenities
- Additional available, but not included in the sale price of the resort and RV park, are 20 residential lots located throughout the resort
SVN | Northco is pleased to present for sale the Thumper Pond Resort in Ottertail, MN ("Property"). This one-of-a-kind offering features a 78-room hotel, bar and restaurant (Willy T's Tavern & Grill), 18-hole championship golf course, activity center (waterpark), event venue, 26-unit RV park and additional development land. There is truly something for everyone at this resort. Located about three hours from the Twin Cities Metro, this picturesque property was carved out of 90,000 Red Pine trees in between the popular Otter Tail and Buchanan Lakes. Experience the culture and charm of the Northwoods at Thumper Pond.
The property is located in the city of Ottertail, MN in between Otter Tail Lake and Buchanan Lake. Situated on over 200 acres, the property is carved out of 90,000 red pines in the heart of Minnesota lakes country. The Property is conveniently located between two major highways intersections, MN Hwy 78 and MN Hwy 108. The area provides access to multiple lakes which include, Otter Tail, Portage, Donald, Long Lake, Buchanan and Pelican Bay for fishing, swimming, boating and other fun water sports.
The town of Ottertail is bordered to the west by Otter Tail Lake, the largest lake in Otter Tail county and the tenth largest lake that is completely within the borders of Minnesota (according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources). Otter Tail Lake is approximately 13,726 acres. Ottertail is located in a region with hundreds of lakes that is well known for recreational activities such as hunting, fishing, camping, ATVing, snowmobiling, canoeing, boating, and a variety of other motorsports. The town has something for everyone including arts and culture, history and museums, shopping and dining options.
Distances from larger cities include:
Fargo, ND: 75 miles southeast of Fargo
Minneapolis, MN: 170 miles northwest of Minneapolis
Duluth, MN: 180 miles west of Duluth
Saint Paul, MN: 189 miles northwest of Saint Paul
Local airports include, Detroit Lakes Airport (36 miles), and Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport (73 miles). International airports include Hector International Airport (85 miles), Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (187 miles), Duluth International Airport (195 miles).