Buffalo NY, Erie PA
Acquisitions, Build-to-Suit, Buyer Representation, Development, Landlord Representation, Leasing, Site Selection, Tenant Representation, Zoning
MultiFamily Apartments, Condominium Development, Tax Credit Housing, Senior Living (over 55 community), Distribution Center, Warehouse, Self Storage, Big Box Retail, Convenience Center, Convenience Store, Gas Stations, Neighborhood Center, Open Air Center, Outlet Center, Regional Center, Super Regional Center, Restaurant, Single Tenant Retail (NNN), Mixed Use, Commercial Land Development, Padsites, Residential Land Development, Casino
No background information available.
Michael L. McVinney is an Associate retail specialist and billboard/signage expert at CBRE. In this role, Michael's primary responsibilities include commercial sales and leasing of industrial, office, retail, multi-family and vacant land. Michael is a proficient, highly creative, tactical and professional authority who thrives when confronted with a challenging opportunity. Mr. McVinney has copious business skills honed from his several years of building various businesses for himself and other entrepreneurs that reached out for his help. These skills will help assure success for any client he works with.
Prior to joining CBRE in July of 2011, Michael was active in several ventures. In 2000 he started an outdoor advertising company out of his garage with a grass roots methodology, investing a minimal amount of cash. In 2001 his company merged with another as he continued to nurture the company to success. At one point the company was thought to be one of the most aggressive and fastest growing outdoor companies within the US. During his time with the company, Mr. McVinney worked on every facet of the company including market research, strategizing market penetration and project implementation, property acquisition, leasing, billboard acquisition, billboard development, sales, operations, etc. The company divested its assets in early 2011, thus affording Michael the opportunity to join the CBRE team.
Previous to forming the aforementioned outdoor advertising company, Michael took on several construction projects ranging from residential to commercial that took him between New York and Nevada. With federal security clearance, his projects included work at high security locations such as federal/state buildings, banks, hospitals and the McCarran International airport in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In the early quarter of the decade Michael formed Alternative Investment Strategy, a limited liability company that nourished his fervor for real estate. This company specialized in the purchase of multi-family properties with a short holding period. The business model and intended purpose was to purchase properties, pinpoint hidden equity, renovate, replace problem tenants, increase rents and sell the properties based on improved values and multiples.
In 2008, Mr. McVinney formed a business exchange designed to help other businesses align and help each other endure through the economic downturn. The exchange was also successfully divested early in 2011.
• Starting an outdoor advertising company and achieving an average annual growth of approximately 187%
• Developing and executing sales strategies that would ultimately take sales from zero in monthly billing to a high of over $85k in monthly billing within seven years.
• Acquiring nearly 200 billboard faces (including premier digital locations) and 500 transit faces.
• Supporting and helping hundreds of business owners bring their message to the market, driving profit through successful marketing campaigns.
• Helping the community recapture nearly a million dollars annually that would have otherwise left the market.
• Purchasing 18 residential and commercial units divided between eight properties, renovating and successfully divesting them within two years for profit.
• Increasing neighborhood appearance and value through property renovation.
• Graduate of Harvard Manage Mentor Class 2011
• Graduate of CBRE University 2011
• New York State Real Estate License
• Pennsylvania Real Estate License
• New York State Real Estate License